Adding CBD oil to recipes is an easy and fun way to incorporate pure, natural CBD oil into your daily routine. Since broad-spectrum CBD oil doesn’t include THC, there is no way it can make you feel “high” so this isn’t the same thing as baking up a batch of marijuana-infused brownies. Baking with CBD is 100% safe and offers all of the benefits of CBD with none of the psychoactive elements in cannabis so you can feel free to experiment with adding it to your favorite recipes.
Easy Pastry Cream with CBD
This rich, delicious cream can be used as pie filling, eclairs, tarts and can also be used as a general pastry cream. Although the recipe calls for orange, the pastry chef who created it mentions that it is versatile and can be flavored any way you choose. But, in this particular instance, we are suggesting our Orange Ticture.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 droppers of Purelix Orange Flavored Tincture (either 225mg or 450mg)
- 4 large (free-range!) egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter, preferably unsalted
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk (soy or almond milk will also work)
- ½ cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute
1. Add the salt, sugar and cornstarch to a saucepan. Whisk together. In a measuring cup, whisk the egg yolks and milk together. Slowly pour this into the saucepan and keep whisking. Add the butter and allow the mixture to come up to a boil over medium heat.
2. Boil the mixture for 1 minute, while still whisking. Take it off of the heat and add your vanilla. Whisk to combine. Strain through a sieve (fine mesh strainer). Let it cool just 5 – 10 minutes and then whisk in your CBD tincture.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours before using it.
4. Whisk again before serving. DELISH!!!!
Bedtime CBD Mints
Although I am a huge fan our CBD Melatonin Blend Softgels and take them at night to help fall asleep, I know that some people prefer a sweet “pillow mint” for a nighttime delivery method for their CBD. Smooth and creamy, these minty morsels are infused with CBD oil to help ease you to sleep.
- 4 Ounces (1/2 Cup) Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon (2 1/2 droppers full) of Purelix Mint CBD Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Blue Matcha for Color
- 2 1/2 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
1. Place the cream cheese in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until smooth. Add the CBD oil, blue matcha (or blue food coloring for those of us who are less ambitious) and confectioner’s sugar. Starting on low speed, mix gently until the powder is mostly mixed in to keep it from flying out of the bowl. Add the tapioca flour and mix to combine. Make sure it’s completely smooth and distributed uniformly.
2. Dust a nonstick baking board or silicone mat with additional tapioca flour and place the sugar dough on top. Roll out to about 1/4-inch in thickness and use small cookie cutters to create out shapes. Re-roll any leftover scraps and repeat.
3. Alternately, pinch off small balls of dough with you fingers, roll them into smooth rounds, and press them flat with the tines of a fork.
4. Chill until ready and serve cold.
5. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three months or freeze.
**This recipe can apparently also be made with Melatonin instead of CBD if you need a child-friendly batch of mints! Studies show that CBD is safe and effective for use at every age but, because it comes from the cannabis plant, some may prefer the Melatonin for their young children.
Lemon Raspberry Bars
I’m including this recipe as an homage to my mother, known in some circles as “Sweet Tooth”. Lemon bars were her favorite dessert and I looked for a CBD recipe that included raspberries as they seem to make it a more appropriate flavor profile for any season, not just for Summer.
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups organic raspberries (save 1/4 cup to garnish bars at the end)
CBD Custard Filling
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Purelix Lemon CBD Oil (one 450mg bottle) **Don’t be alarmed by the amount of CBD! This recipe makes around 20 bars**
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top after baking
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly coat an 11×7-inch baking pan using nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beginning with the Graham Crust ingredients, use a whisk to blend the softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the grated organic lemon zest and continue to whisk lightly. Next, add the flour, salt, and graham cracker crumbs in intervals while stirring until the batter turns thick.
3. Using your hands, ball up the batter and transfer it over to the baking pan. Use your fingers to press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly until the entire surface is covered.
4. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. While the crust is baking, begin making the Raspberry Sauce. Using a small saucepan, heat up the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice for about a minute.
6. Next, add a cup of organic fresh raspberries. Cook over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon or whisk until the raspberries break down and the sauce turns thick. Remove from heat.
7. Use a mesh strainer to drain the Raspberry Sauce over a small bowl. Try to discard the seeds as best as you can. Set the strained sauce aside and let cool.
8. The final step is to make the CBD Custard Filling. Whisk together the eggs, CBD oil, sugar, organic lemon zest, and flour in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice until the mix is well-blended. Continue to stir and then pour the CBD custard over the baked crust.
9. Using a spoon, add 1-2 spoonfuls of the Raspberry Sauce and spread evenly around the entire surface. Quickly drag the end of a sharp knife across the surface to create raspberry spirals in the custard.
10. Place into oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the center of the bars are set. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
11. Cut the Lemon Raspberry Bars into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
**The recipe calls for garnish and so I looked for something online that would be easy. Using a small knife, cut the remaining raspberries in half, removing part of the center and place one on every bar for a pretty and tasty (and easy!) adornment.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Because that last recipe was super intimidating and WAY out of my limited culinary league, I’ve included onelast sweet treat that even I couldn’t ruin. I actually made this this morning with the help of my daughter (she loves a smoothie) and it was delectable! Many “creamsicle” recipes include bananas but this one caught my eye because it included dates, one of my favorite flavors. After I tasted it I knew I’d made the right decision to go with this one.
- 3 peeled and separated navel oranges
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple (fresh doesn’t create the best texture)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 pitted dates
- 1-2 full droppers of Purelix CBD Orange Tincture (225mg or 450mg)
- Remove the skin from your oranges and pit your dates.
- Add all ingredients into a blender And don’t worry if you are thinking “not enough liquid”. The oranges will break down perfectly.
- Blend until smooth – Enjoy!!
Do you have any recipes you think would offer a tasty way to take your daily CBD?